What I'm Poking Now
- Kind of working on rebuilding my personal website, but right now, I'm not ruling out doing a bit of domain redirection to use omg.lol and weblog.lol for it. Trying to go simple, my alternative is probably Jekyll and Cloudflare Pages, going via GitHub. Also considering Obsidian Publish, now the pricing is more reasonable, it would be nice to work directly in the tool I use for my notes. Taking it slow and gentle, no big jumps.
- Moving back in to Flickr, to make sharing my photos quicker and easier. Lots being added there regularly.
- Should probably actually take some photos at some point.
- Back to No Man's Sky after being away for a while. Completed the new expedition, and I'm loving the new Interceptor ships. At some point I'll continue my gradual progress through the galaxies.
- Cities Skylines, in the new Remastered version for Xbox.
- Chronophoto: guess the year from a photo. Like Geoguessr for time.
- Mainly macOS. I've had a couple of attempts at going iPad-first, but the Mac is back as my main platform.
- M1 MacBook Pro, the first one, with 8Gb and 512Gb. Should have gone for more RAM, but it's fine 99% of the time. 2018 iPad Pro 11". An upgrade would be nice, but it's getting hard to justify when comparing to what the same money gets in a Mac. iPhone 13 Pro. Used to upgrade iPhones every two years, but that's harder to justify now, they remain good for so long. Oh, and an Apple Watch, couple of generations old; and AirPods Pro.
- Keyboardio Atreus. Super comfortable now I'm used to it, but I can't type properly on a normal keyboard any more. Fortunately, it's smol and light so it's easy to take with me.
- Xbox Series S. Smol, cheap, and pretty decent, tbh.
Camera: Sony A7iii. Too many lenses, really, but I do love my old manual focus lenses with adapters. Especially my Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f/1.4 and Leica Tele-Elmarit 90mm.
- I also have the Sony 24-240mm zoom and tiny 28-60mm zoom when I want things small and automatic. And the Lomography Petzval 55mm f/1.7 for getting swirly.
- Obsidian for notes. So good. Tried it a couple of years ago, and it was great, but just felt too clunky on macOS. Now, it works so much better, and it's really pretty too.
- Apple Reminders for task management. It's surprisingly good now.
- Nova for editing text. Way more than I need, but I do love a really nice text editor, and Nova is really nice.
- Ivory for Mastodon.
Eating and Drinking
- Trying to eat less takeaway/delivery food, but I'm lazy and it's easy.
- Babybel cheese. Probably too many of them.
- Coffee from Coffee Bean Shop.
What I’m reading
- Building a Second Brain by Tiago Forte
Updated 7 months ago.